If you ask me, what is the thing I must do at least once time in Viet Nam? My answer is staying at HaLong Bay Cruise. You want to know why? First, it’s really cheaper than having a cruise in Europe or Sri Lanka (India). Next, the nature views, services, and food on there really blow my mind. Finally, I love the beach and outdoor activities, the full day enjoys parties, kayaking, swimming, cave,… is really a type of travel that inspires me.
Can’t wait to review this trip for you! Save all my tips at the end of the post and leave a comment if you have any questions. Let’s go!
1. Things to prepare for Halong Bay cruise 2 days 1 night to have a great trip
First, let’s prepare together the necessary items to get ready for this exciting trip. I have prepared the following items before traveling to Ha Long Bay Vietnam:
- Valid passport for entry and exit when arriving in Vietnam.
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Active comfortable clothing and swimwear. During my Halong Bay cruise 2 days 1 night trip, I prepared 5 sets of clothes, 1 swimsuit and pajamas. My tip is that if traveling Ha Long bay in the cold season, prepare more warm clothes.
- Camera or other photographic equipment. In Ha Long bay, there are many beautiful places for you to take photos and record memories of your trip. I went to at least 10 places in Ha Long bay during this trip. So my camera has 1000 pictures.
- Sports shoes for climbing, walking. Note that you should prepare all high heels, sports shoes and flip flops to go to the beach!
- Personal pharmacy. Because of my caution, on any trip, I also bring necessary personal medicines such as personal masking tape, anti-vomiting medicine, headache medicine, abdominal pain medicine,…
I know that it’s easy for us to forget things at home. Therefore, I encourage you to make a list of necessary supplies before preparing. So, before you go, you just need to check again to be assured.
2. How to get from Ha Noi to Ha Long?
Usually, Halong tours come with a pick-up service at a pre-arranged location in Hanoi. So you don’t need to worry too much about this. However, if the tour you booked does not include this service, you can still travel by bus or taxi by yourself. The distance from Hanoi to Tuan Chau port, Ha Long is 170km. It takes about 2 hours 30 minutes.
I booked a package tour including transfer by 18-seat Limousine in Hanoi. On the bus, there is a guide who can speak both Vietnamese and English and will pick you up at the hotel. My house is only 1km from Hanoi Old Quarter, the driver still supports to pick up the house. The driver who drove me was a cute, enthusiastic person who knew a little foreign language.
3. Current HaLong bay cruise routes
Currently, if you want to go to HaLong Bay Cruise 2 days 1 night, there will be 3 main routes as follows:
- The usual popular route that people choose is the Ha Long route. The itinerary includes visiting Sung Sot cave, Titop Island, kayaking at Luon Cave, some ships also visit Pearl Village. This route is for those who love to explore, enjoy swimming and sightseeing more than resort. But most of the ships are long-term operations (longer than the Lan Ha route). The cost of this route is also higher due to the more expensive ticket prices.
- The second route that is also chosen by many people today is the Lan Ha route. This route has few attractions, no private beach. The cave is also smaller than Titop. But most of the ships are very new, beautiful and have swimming pools. This route has just been operated recently, so most of them are modern ships, the price is much cheaper than the Ha Long route.
- The third route is Bai Tu Long route. This route is for guests who love the quiet, don’t like the hustle and bustle. This route currently has only 2.3 vessels operating.
As for myself, I choose the popular route, which is route 1 – Ha Long Bay. I want to explore many simple and beautiful natural scenes in Ha Long.
Day 01: Tuan Chau International Passenger Port – HaLong bay cruise 2 days 1 night
My day 1 resort itinerary at HaLong bay cruise 2 days 1 night tour takes place according to the following schedule:
8:00 – 8:45 The car comes to pick you up at Hanoi Old Quarter. Because I booked a shuttle service, the driver came to the right place to pick me up. Then, the car departs to Ha Long Bay by highway.
11:45 – 12:00 I arrive at Tuan Chau port. All visitors are warmly welcomed by the Cruise Team at Ha Long International Port. Complete the check-in procedure at the lounge before boarding the train.
12:30 Transfer to Cruise by small boat. The cruise manager and all crew members welcome me on board. Guests will have a safety briefing and cruise announcement to be delivered while enjoying the yacht’s signature welcome drink.
12:45 Lunch is served at the cozy restaurant. After that, start the departure journey towards Ha Long Bay – a natural wonder of the world. I had the opportunity to immerse myself in the beautiful scenery and famous attractions of the limestone.
14:45 The train stops at Bo Nau cave (Pelican Cave), the core area of the world natural heritage. Travel by boat to Sung Sot Cave – the largest and most beautiful cave in Ha Long Bay.
15:45 Our group leaves Surprise Cave, continues to move by boat to Titop Island. The name Titop was named by Uncle Ho after Gherman Stepanovich Titop – a Soviet cosmonaut who visited in 1962. Here, our group can comfortably swim, relax on the beach, climb stone steps up. island top. When you reach the top of the island, you will have a magical panoramic view of Ha Long Bay. Will definitely surprise you.
17:00 Return on Cruise after a series of exciting activities. Time to relax while the cruise moves to the overnight destination.
18:00 – 19:00 While waiting for the sunset on Halong Bay, take advantage of the “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” Happy Hour when the sun gives way to a beautiful sunset.
A cooking demonstration of traditional Vietnamese dishes will be organized by Chef .
19:00 Mixed menu will be served to warm the stomachs of guests after a long active day.
20:30 Free time to participate in evening activities: watching movies, mini games (in the dining room); colt ink; massage… The cruise manager will be there to assist you.
After that, me and the tourists spent the night on the boat!
Day 02: Explore with Halong Bay cruise on the last day and move back to Hanoi
The second day of my experience in Ha Long was quite interesting. The itinerary is as follows:
6:30 Good morning Bay by practicing Tai Chi on the sundeck for 30 minutes while cruising to Luon Cave.
7:00 A light breakfast is ready to be served at the restaurant.
8:00 Visit Luon cave – one of the beautiful open-air caves then endemic vegetation of Ha Long Bay.
9:00 Back to cruise, rest and pack up. Leave the luggage at the door, the Athena team will collect and get it ready for the docks.
9:30 Enjoy a buffet brunch at the restaurant after checking out while moving towards the port
10:45 Transfer by boat back to Ha Long International Port and disembark.
12:00 We boarded the bus back to Hanoi by highway.
14:30 – 15:00 Arrive at the hotel. Finish the trip.
4. Total cost for tour HaLong bay cruise 2 days 1 night
Such a wonderful trip with such wonderful natural places, how much did it cost me? In Ha Long bay, you have many sightseeing choices. You can choose tour HaLong bay cruise 2 days 1 night, HaLong bay cruise 3 days 2 nights,… Even day tours are also available, such as 6-hour, 8-hour tours. There are many yachts that can visit Ha Long Bay such as Stella Maris Ambassador, Sea Octopus, La Casta, Vitamin Queen,…
Although going on a 5-star cruise, enjoying the delicacies of Vietnam and natural islands, the price of the tour only ranges from $140 to $220. Since it’s the special season, my wonderful transfer only costs $170 on Paradise Cruise. My whole group of friends including 5 people only lost $ 850.
5. My feelings after the vacation with travel Ha Long Bay
Talking about this trip, I am quite satisfied. I must admit that Ha Long Bay is very beautiful. Although it was initially reviewed by many friends about going kayak HaLong bay when they travel Ha Long bay, it was wet with rain, but fortunately the weather was very nice when I went. If you are a foreign tourist who wants to travel Ha Long bay Vietnam, you should go from August to November. This is a good time to travel in Ha Long bay.
One more thing to note for foreign tourists traveling Ha Long bay. I recommend that you choose the available tours instead of going on your own. There are quite a few places to travel Ha Long bay. If you go on your own, you will not be able to arrange a good schedule and visit the places you want. Therefore, choosing the available Ha Long tour is still a good suggestion from me. Thanks to that, me and my friends had a short vacation worth the money. Hopefully, you will try to visit Ha Long tourism once.
Above are the sharing about my trip to HaLong bay cruise 2 days 1 night. Ha Long Bay is one of the places worth visiting because of its natural beauty. If you want to travel Ha Long bay with family or friends, you can refer to the quality tours here. I firmly believe that with a pre-designed tour, it will help you arrange a better schedule and experience. If you want to book a tour for your family or friends to relax at HaLong bay Cruise 2 days 1 night, you can choose Vietnamtourists.com!